About the Firm
Accomplished Connecticut Attorney Advocates for Clients’ Rights
Manchester lawyer represents individuals in criminal defense and personal injury cases
When you have a serious legal problem, a skilled attorney is essential to increasing your chance for a favorable outcome. Drawing on more than three decades of legal experience, Attorney John F. O’Brien in Manchester defends clients throughout Connecticut facing criminal prosecution and represents victims of negligent personal injuries. As a lawyer adept at the negotiating table and in court, I have the background and ability to assert my clients’ rights and seek the justice they deserve.
Experienced legal adviser offers clients a responsive, hands-on approach
Whether you’re accused of a crime or dealing with mounting medical bills following a personal injury, you are likely under a great deal of stress. I will seek to reduce your anxiety through:
- Proactive litigation — As an experienced litigator, I always seek an outcome that is in your best interests, whether that means through an out-of-court settlement or going to trial.
- Strategic counsel — I thoroughly examine all the facts of your charges or accident and recommend a strategic approach to resolving your matter.
- Responsive representation — When you work with my firm, you’ll always receive one-on-one attention from me personally. I am committed to answering your questions and concerns promptly so you never have to wonder where you stand.
Choosing an attorney isn’t a simple decision when you are facing potentially life-changing circumstances. I offer a free initial consultation so you can decide if I am the right attorney to represent you.
Areas of Practice
Knowledgeable counselor handles criminal charges and injury cases throughout Connecticut
I recognize that good people are sometimes wrongly accused or make poor choices. I also know that innocent people often suffer personal injuries caused by the careless acts of others. I am dedicated to seeking the best possible outcome for Connecticut residents in these areas of the law:
- Criminal defense — I represent clients in a range of felony and misdemeanor criminal defense matters including assault cases and matters involving allegations of gun and weapons crimes, drug offenses, internet crimes and other white collar offenses, and sex crimes.
- Driving under the influence — A DUI violation, which is known in Connecticut as operating under the influence, or OUI, can result in serious consequences. I’ll provide a strong defense that challenges law enforcement tests and procedures.
- Personal injury — If you’ve been injured in a car accident or other incident due to someone’s negligence, I’ll seek to get you full, fair compensation for your injuries. The statute of limitations in the state for filing a personal injury claim is generally two years from the date the injury occurred, so I will provide prompt counsel to ensure your claim can go forward. I also represent victims of child sexual abuse in civil litigation to seek the justice they deserve.
With more than 30 years of experience advocating for my clients in Connecticut’s criminal and civil courts, I am deeply familiar with how the system here works. I’ll put that knowledge to work for you.
Contact a skilled Connecticut criminal defense and personal injury firm for a free consultation
Attorney John F. O’Brien in Manchester provides experienced criminal defense and personal injury counsel for people throughout Connecticut. Please call 860-290-9090 or contact me online
to schedule a free consultation.